Skip to main content

Did you buy the Ace? I bought Beats!

• 6 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I was waiting for the Ace launch to buy my new headphones, but because of the App fiasco + the fact the Ace are not integrated with my Sonos system I decided to buy a new pair of Beats Solo 4. I’m totally happy with my purchase, I always loved Beats and I prefer their design. If I wanted noise cancellation I would have gotten the AirPods Max, and I already have AirPods Pros. I am not sure why I would have got the Ace as they don’t integrate with my Sonos system which is probably the only reason I was waiting for the Sonos headphones.

I’m also starting to develop a habit of going to Spotify to play my music instead of the Sonos App and sending it to my Sonos speakers. It just works (Spotify App) while the Sonos App makes me want to throw my phone on the wall just to select the zone I want to play in.

I think you got it right if you wanted to start over from 0 and kill your loyal user base. I have more than 20 Sonos speakers in my 3 homes, I have Move, Roam, Arc and every single Sonos product that exists or ever existed.

Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll ever have Ace and anything else that you will launch in the future. Hopefully you’ll reach a new customer base, because you’ll lose all the long time users with this disaster.

And you?

3 replies

Hello, 

I created an account just for this purpose because I decided to purchase A pair of Sonos ace. Now I have had many headphones in the past from the original beats studio to studio 3s to the now studios pros, as well as solo 3s.  I have to say if you’re holding Sonos back on the app, i honestly haven’t had any issues. Phone:iPhone 15 pro max. Sonos is releasing software soon that will allow you to connect the ray and beam gen. one and two to the ace’s. 

With the Beats Solo you are totally missing out on true Dolby Atmos and head tracking. It is a different tier, the AirPod max would be closer than the Beats Solo 4th gen. To each their own but from somebody who owns many products from Sonos, Beats, Apple,  Sennheiser, and Denon.

I can assure you the app is an issue of connecting speakers still via internet so make sure one speaker is closer to a router or plugged in especially if your house is overloaded with WiFi devices. But to me the Sonos ace even blow the new Beats Studio pro out of the water.

To each your own but you are comparing headphones that go on sale for $129.99 to ones for $450

Userlevel 2
Badge

My point is not about the price point of the speakers. I would have paid $450 or more for the Sonos Ace if they would be linked to my Sonos system and if they could do both Wifi & Bluetooth like the Move or Roam and if the Sonos App wasn’t so bad now!  You’re lucky if you did not have any issue with the app, I had to revert to using the Spotify App and send to my speakers because selecting zones and grouping zones and managing the queue does not work anymore in the Sonos App.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have beats studio pro got it on holiday sale. I won't buy it with the original price. Comfortable and decent ANC, sound but not loud enough. I want something more elegant and wireless lossless so I ordered Ace with the free upgrade credit. Will see how it compares!