The new Sonos Ace

• 18 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I was excited to get my hands on the new Sonos Ace. I have been a fan of Sonos products since they first started. I own quite a few of their products and am thrilled with the way they sounds and seamlessly work together. I won’t get into the issues with the app. In this case, new isn’t necessarily better. so getting back on track, I am sure I wasn’t the only one wondering when Sonos would take a shot at creating a line of headphones since they were really good at creating speakers and sound bars, etc. The day has finally arrived and I have a few gripes. 

First off, they look and feel great. The price point is somewhere in the middle of the other high power sound companies such as Sony, Bose and Apple which is ok I guess. They are light and very comfortable. There is something I noticed with certain songs. There seems to be a clicking and buzzing sound. I don’t know if it’s the bass or what but it is noticeable and very disappointing. Also, for a Sonos product, I feel they sound too low at maximum volume. Also, the app equalizer does nothing to improve this. I raise the bass and treble to the max on the app and the sound stays the same. A new update was just released and I don’t see any improvements whatsoever. Can we please get an update to fix the low volume and clicking in the Sonos Ace?! I don’t want to have to return them. 
Thanks. 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Others have reported a buzzing sound from their ACE.  From reading this thread..

I suggest you return them and get another pair.  Don’t bother waiting an hour on the phone for customer support.  Return them to your dealer and get a replacement.  Keep replacing them until you get a good pair (or your dealer gives up).