Skip to main content

After a few weeks of dealing with audio delay reaching upwards of 500ms, two nights ago my Sonos Ace suddenly decided they weren’t going to swap audio from the Ray soundbar any longer.

I’ve tried power cycle, disconnect swap, reconnect swap, and factory reset.

This is the most disappointing product I’ve ever purchased at this price point. These are supposed to be premium headphones and they can barely function.

I will be seeking a refund for these headphones and will have to choose something else. This is incredibly disappointing. I have enjoyed Sonos speakers for many years. I can’t believe how poorly these perform under their intended use cases.

I was able to resolve the issue by factory resetting the Ray as well. I will also be taking this opportunity to test the audio delay and see if it was resolved in any way by the, now three, factory resets.

For the record, the audio delay is not affected by the factory reset. It still gets worse and worse over extended use.

How Sonos gave and continues to give themselves a pass on this product is beyond my comprehension. 

However, given the experience of the general ease of use of this product, and how efficient it is, (including going through the factory reset and how painless that process is), I have decided that their convenience outweighs their faults but will be using them for a different purpose.

I will also be swallowing an uncomfortable amount of copium to believe that Sonos will allow me to use these headphones in their intended use-case once again through their software updates.

I’ve not noticed this on my Ace (connected to my Beam Gen 1). What are you using the Ace with? Is it only TV that the delay will develop with?

I’ve not noticed this on my Ace (connected to my Beam Gen 1). What are you using the Ace with? Is it only TV that the delay will develop with?

ray

i use it at my computer. It replaces my old bad speakers and if the wife wants to watch tv or doesn’t want to be bothered by my computer sound I can just pop the headphones on