Sonos Ace - Mic issues with Slack

• 10 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone,

Got my Ace headphones last week and really like them.

A big issue I’m having is with the microphone, specifically with Slack (I don’t seem to have this issue with teams, google meets, phone calls, etc.).

During slack calls, within a few minutes the Ace microphone seems to stop picking up audio. I’ve had several calls now where other people in the call suddenly stop being able to hear me. If I disconnect and reconnect to the call, that will usually buy me another few minutes before it happens all over again.

I’ve checked all of my macbook audio/slack audio settings, and everything is how it should be.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and/or found a way to fix it.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Andre17 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

My colleague has also seen such behaviour during Zoom meetings, and is asking if you maybe have Ace’s Multipoint feature enabled and have it connected to your phone with Bluetooth in addition to your computer - he says if he gets a phone notification, his Ace mic disconnects from Zoom and doesn’t reconnect.

If you do have Multipoint enabled, please try either disabling it prior to your next Slack call, or put your phone in silent mode for the duration of the call. Settings icon » Ace » Multipoint.

It’s also possible (though it’s admittedly a long-shot) that a reboot of your MacBook may improve matters.

I hope this helps.

@Corry P 

Thanks for the response. I have tried this, as well as factory resetting the headphones. Still no luck. My mic consistently cuts out withing 5 seconds of speaking on slack. It works just fine in google meets, but am scared to try them in other virtual meeting platforms with clients should this issue persist.

Hopefully this can get looked into.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Andre17 

No notifications involved then? OK. 

Have you tried using Slack and Ace together on another device? On your phone, perhaps, or a Windows PC/laptop? It might be useful to know if it is only one platform that is affected.

I’m going to be off next week, but I have asked a colleague to look into this issue for you.

I am having the same problems with my Ace headphones, but in Chime video calls on a Mac laptop at work. Soon after the meeting starts, the mic quits. I can still hear everyone, but they can’t hear me. I’ve tried disabling Multipoint, but no change. It’s very frustrating, and quite frankly, embarrassing.