Skip to main content

I will be actively using my Sonos Ace headphones connected via Bluetooth to my Samsung Galaxy. During playback, the headphones will completely disconnect and I have to manually reconnect them to my phone in the Bluetooth settings. Has anyone else encountered this and/or solved? I do not have multipoint turned on. The phone is literally right by me. I’ve restarted all devices and still encounter this problem.

Yep I have the same issue

Yep same here. Had several BT spontaneous disconnects. Both in my laptop and Pixel 8. And in some cases a short LF buzz. Then it seems  the ACE was ‘locked’. No BT reconnect possible. Turn off device and after multiple attemps the BT connection came back. 
Tried with multipoint on/off without any different outcome. 
Also headphone and my devices were about max. 3-4 feet seperated. 

Returned the ACE 

Finally got through to Sonos support and the response I got was to test with another device and no one else has reported it. *sigh*

Same same. While watching a film and using Ace via Bluetooth it drops out several times while watching the film.  Need to disconnect and the reconnect. Frustrating as Apple AirPods no issue. 

Definitely an issue - maybe they havent figured out BT ? lol.

this type of issue has never happened on any of my Sony or Bose headphones - extremely frustrating

Just did the latest update so with luck maybe a fix?.

Ok SONOS. Any response would be good right now. Seriously considering demanding a refund for a product failing to deliver on a basic requirement. Using the latest Amazon Firestick and headphones just cease Bluetooth sound. Never any issues with Bose or Apple products.

Support this. My ace disconnect a lot from laptop. Very annoying sonce I use it for work meetings. Please do firmware update.

Tried latest firmware a couple of days ago.  Still drops mic from zoom and chime calls.  This is only happening with Ace on a 1 month old MBP.

Hi @kuchoco

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’d like to look into this issue for you all - it sounds very annoying, and not at all what we want you to experience!

Could you please try to recreate the issue, Bluetooth-connecting a device with the Sonos app installed on it, then submit a support diagnostic afterwards? Please let me know here when you have done so, but please don’t share the number given at the end of the process - I’ll be able to find them regardless. Thanks.

@Easyas314 - The Desktop app doesn’t currently report anything about Ace, so there’d be no point in you doing this on your MacBook, but I think it’s safe to assume that if there is an issue and if it is fixed for other devices, it will be for your MBP too.

Same for me. Disconnects from my MacBook and my Hisense TV randomly and frequently. This is not great!

Same here. Just set up my Sonos Ace. I tried two weeks back, but no way could I connect the Ace to the app. So I thought I’d just wait for a firmware update. And - hey presto - the update arrived this morning. Got everything installed, set up and was looking forward to some great rock music. But within minutes I encountered the same problem. Intermittent BT connection drops. 

Seriously Sonos. A device that costs over 500 euros (I’m in Austria) should at least provide a basic function like rock-solid BT connections. Come on guys, you can do better than that….

Returned

Same here, headphones happily connected, then the connection drops out. Then have to manually reconnect.

New firmware installed, problem still exists. Not great tbh. Have a £40.00 set of in ears from Amazon that have no drop outs whatsoever.

Please fix this as I fear I will have to return dueto cost vs. reliability.

Diagnostic report sent.

Hi @Chunky1234 

Thanks for that! unfortunately, I could not find anything useful. 

I recommend anyone affected by this to please try the following steps, testing after each main step:

Step 1 - Confirm Ace is up to date

1. Check for updates to confirm that Ace is fully up to date. (Settings icon » Sonos Ace » Check for updates while connected with Bluetooth)

Step 2 - Confirm Home Theatre Audio Swap is not enabled

1. When Audio Swap is active, Bluetooth is disabled.
  2. Tap Swap Back to send the audio back to the Home Theatre product.
  3. Alternatively, within the Sonos App swipe up on the Now Playing bar, and select Ace.
  4. Ensure Ace is not currently receiving audio from a Home Theatre product via Audio Swap.
  5. If Home Theatre Audio Swap is enabled, press and hold the Content Key to send audio back to the Home Theatre Product.

Step 3 - Check the source device

1. If disconnected, tap on Ace within the Bluetooth menu to reconnect.
  2. Ensure Ace is within 10 meters (30 feet) of the source device.
  3. Relocate the source device and Ace if they are near any devices or materials that can interfere with Bluetooth signals such as microwaves, cordless phones, metal, and concrete.
  4. Confirm the source device is powered on, and Bluetooth is enabled on the device.
  5. Check the device's Bluetooth settings to see if Ace is displaying as connected.

Step 4 - Unpair and Re-pair Ace

1. Unpair Ace as a device within the device's Bluetooth settings.
  2. Attempt to re-pair Ace to Bluetooth.

Step 5 - Force Reboot/Reset Ace

1. Force reboot Ace by holding the power button for ten seconds.
  2. If the issue persists, factory reset Ace then test connecting to Bluetooth after setting the product up again.

If none of this resolves the issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for additional assistance.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Corry P,

unfortunately, these steps do not solve the problem either. With my iPhone, the connection to the Sonos Ace works without any problems. However, when I connect them to my MacBook, I also have automated disconnects. And this has nothing to do with the distance to the headphones. I have installed the latest software for the headphones and don't understand how such an elementary error can still exist after 2 months at the price of the device.

Is there now a final fix for the problem? If not, the headphones will go straight back. At this price, it really can't be true.

Hi @Jtss 

I’m sorry to hear those steps did not help - thanks for trying them.

At this point, I can only recommend that you get in touch with our technical support team to report this behaviour - without existing support cases, it won’t be addressed or identified.

Do you have Bluetooth multipoint enabled on your Ace? If so, and if Ace is connected to both your Mac and your iPhone at the same time, it’s possible that a notification sound from your phone would stop on-going audio from the Mac. One source must stop playing for the other to work, and if both play at the same time, you may well get this effect. Please test the connection to your MacBook with multipoint disabled to ensure this is not the issue you are encountering. Settings icon » sSonos Ace] » Multipoint » Off.

I hope this helps.

I have the same issue with the Ace and my I Pad. The connection works but as soon as I start Netflix or listen to music with Apple Music it disconnects. Are there any news or updates already? 

As more people seem to have it that should be more of a regular issue so I would be interested if there is progress on a fix already?

The last updates seem to have sorted the problem. The headset works fine now. However, now the Sonos app on my mobile phone crashes. I can start it but it immediately winks out. I’m beginning to feel a bit like Victor Meldrew: I don’t believe it…. 

I had to factory reset the device to get it to work correctly again. I've never tried connecting it to multiple devices since then. 

Hi @Mondi99 

Have you called in to create a support case and to report the issue? The more cases there are, the more seriously this issue will be taken! Merely letting others report it and hoping that a fix will come soon just isn’t the way to go about it - if you have this issue, please call in.

Hi @Puddleduck1960 

Glad to hear that Ace is behaving better! Thanks for updating the thread!

In regards to the app crashing, please try uninstalling it and reinstalling. Be sure to opt to connect to an existing system afterwards.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Mondi99 

Yes, done that, been there. I believe I’ve uninstalled and installed the app several times. Most of the times I get no product found. Sometimes I’m lucky that when I’m watching something on the TV with Dolby Atmos the app will work. At least occasionally. In my experience faults like that are the worst. Devilishly difficult to sort out. 

Hi @Puddleduck1960 

When ever I see “No Products Found” (maybe once a day) I just force-close the Sonos app and immediately re-open it again and it connects without issue.

How to force quit an app on iPhone, iPad:

1. Swipe up from the bottom of the device. If your device has a home button, double press that instead.
  2. This will bring up a carousel of all the open windows on your device.
  3. Swipe the app you want to close. It will disappear from the carousel.
  4. Reopen the app.

How to force quit an app on Android:

1. Open the Settings app on the Android device.
  2. Scroll the list and tap Apps, Applications or Manage apps.
  3. Scroll the list to find the app to force quit.
  4. Tap FORCE STOP.
  5. OR (optional) On certain devices like Samsung, tap Application Manager (the button to the left of the Home button), then swipe Sonos app up and off screen

I hope this helps.

Hi @Mondi99,

Uninstalled the app, made sure I was in the correct wifi and the app works. I’ll try and figure out why it starts to wink out though. Even if I’ve managed to get it working again, but it will start winking out every once in a while. I’ll keep an eye out and see what might be causing this. Thanks anyway for the assistance.