Skip to main content

Sonos Ace Fit For Eyeglass Wearers

• 16 July 2024
  • 3 replies

First let me say I’m enjoying my Ace headsets. Yes, headsets...I have two as I have Arc’s upstairs and downstairs and I’m lazy 😂

To the purpose of my post. I wear eyeglasses with arms of varying widths. You may find that eyeglasses with arms as shown in Pic I provide a better seal for noise cancellation than those eyeglasses with arms of a wider width as shown in Pic II

Before the naysayers chime in to add “there’s another reason not to buy the Sonos Ace” know that the Apple Pro Max’s (of which I have a set) share the same sealing details in regards to this post.

FYI, the Ace received another update within the last week or so. I have no idea what the update was for. However, Sonos is moving forward to continually improve its products in spite of dealing with App issues (which incidentally may be part of the planned improvements/fixes).

That said...Enjoy your Ace!

Pic I

Pic II

3 replies

I use standard wireframe glasses. Never felt that arms interfere with the seal.

I use standard wireframe glasses. Never felt that arms interfere with the seal.

Just giving my experience. Wireframe glasses are a lot less bulky (Pic II) than the frames in my post. For that reason I don’t doubt that you experience no sealing interference. 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

A small rectangle of foam under the frames can improve the seal a great deal. For me it made a big improvement in the noise cancellation mode. Not so much for listening to fairly loud music.