Question

Sonos Ace distortion Dolby Atmos/Apple TV/LG OLED

• 8 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I have Sonos Arc connected to Apple TV 4K to LG CX OLED TV. Multipoint is disabled. Watching Dark Matter. I am getting distortions on Sonos Ace when I hand it off sound from Arc. Like a short buzzing spike once a while. Anyone else hearing that?

I updated the iOS app to the latest as well us the rest of the equipment.

Sonos Arc is connected via ethernet.

Bad unit?

3 replies

Hi, I recently got the Sonos Ace and experience similar distortions in the sound every now and again through the Arc TV swap. I have a LG C4, everything is up to date. I’am hoping this can be fixed with an update from Sonos. Also in order for the connection from the Arc to the Ace, you’ll need to enable WI-FI and disable the Ethernet connection 

Do you see any visual indication that content is playing in Dolby Atmos in the Sonos app using Sonos Ace? I see an Atmos icon for Arc and confused why I don’t see the same for Ace when I TV Swap or play Atmos content from iPhone

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi, I recently got the Sonos Ace and experience similar distortions in the sound every now and again through the Arc TV swap. I have a LG C4, everything is up to date. I’am hoping this can be fixed with an update from Sonos. Also in order for the connection from the Arc to the Ace, you’ll need to enable WI-FI and disable the Ethernet connection 

Mine is enabled through WiFi and the distortions/drops/digital snaps are still evident, only with TV swap. My guess would be this is software related.