Skip to main content

Hi, 

I hope anyone has a similar issues or noticed the same thing on their ACE (I’m hoping it’s a software issue and not hardware). 

Basically after testing my Sonos Ace today I’ve noticed that in my right ear (when on noise cancelling) there’s a static or buzzing sound almost like the mics for noise cancelling are not working properly (just a theory). 

I know it has nothing to do with my hearing as if I swap ears the disturbance can be heard in my left ear. So it’s defo a problem with the headphones. 

has anyone noticed this on their pair? I’m hoping it’s a software issue and maybe others have also noticed it so I don’t need to return my pair. 

I tried to call Support today but after I was transferred to the technical team I was left on a queue for over 50min and I gave up.

please if anyone else has this issue and it’s not my pair being faulty then let me know! 

Unfortunately, I still have clipping/pops in ANC mode whilst on my bus trips to and from work.  This is the second pair.  I’ve lodged it with Sonos Support.  Hopefully it will be fixed in a future firmware update.

Same here, brand new Ace, from day 1: plops and crackles 😡 Firmware up-to-date it says…

Just installed firmware 2.9.5.  Popping whilst using ANC during the loud bus trip is still there.  Might be happening at a higher threshold, but I can’t be sure.  It is focused on the left ear but bleeds in to both the more outside noise it's dealing with.  I hope future firmware updates fix this.

Same, updated to 2.9.5, still plops, clips and ‘static crackle’ at full volume and using the app EQ with treble +3 or higher 😡😫

An update so the thread doesn’t die on the negatives, my issue is improving with newer firmware versions.

An update so the thread doesn’t die on the negatives, my issue is improving with newer firmware versions.

As far as I see, 2.9.5 is still the latest…

Same issue just started to appear randomly on fw 2.9.5-61e97660b