Answered

Sonos Ace - Buzzing / Static Noise and low volume HELP

Show first post

174 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jag.sahota 

Apologies - I think there may have been a mis-communication. Although Daniel couldn’t arrange a replacement set of headphones for you himself, he did forward your info and case on to Tier 2 support, and they will do so in his stead. He should have communicated this to you. Please be aware that we are busy at this time, but you should hear back soon.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1

After the update nothing has changed.

So waiting for a solution from Sonos.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Omg so glad to hear it isn’t just me… I feel so much better. It really bummed me I thought I had a faulty pair.  Do you all reckon is a software issue?? What shall we do? 

I don’t know what to do… I feel like we might return and get another pair just to find out it’s all the units or something… :(

Does anyone have any idea what is the best next step? What have you all decided to do? 

I have tested now 3 Ace headphones and all of them are faulty. So I can say it is a big problem for Sonos to fix. 

I've contact the head office in the Netherlands and they are telling me it is hardware related. 

Omg so glad to hear it isn’t just me… I feel so much better. It really bummed me I thought I had a faulty pair.  Do you all reckon is a software issue?? What shall we do? 

I don’t know what to do… I feel like we might return and get another pair just to find out it’s all the units or something… :(

Does anyone have any idea what is the best next step? What have you all decided to do? 

I have tested now 3 Ace headphones and all of them are faulty. So I can say it is a big problem for Sonos to fix. 

I've contact the head office in the Netherlands and they are telling me it is hardware related. 

It is not good…

too bad because I already love it, way better than the APM I owned.

I hope they will replace it with a non faulty one. But at this time, we don't know how many Ace have this issue...

Userlevel 2

Have the same issue. Especially when connected via Bluetooth to your laptop it gets really loud similar to when someone was calling your nokia back in the days and your pc speakers started to acting up even before you could hear your phone ring. And then also you hear it slight lower in volume similar to hearing your HDD making  noise. If it is not being acknowledged as software issue/ update I am going to return it and go for another brand. I’ve been waiting to purchase headphones for 6/8 months and was waiting for a brand with new versions. And decided to wait for Sonos once the rumors came, now I already regret it. Especially because of the app fiasco together with marketing and upper management being totally ignorant about everything. To bad because I used to be a huge fan of the company and the products. I am so disappointed. 

Userlevel 1

I believe is a software problem in the Bluetooth firmware. 

I’m now testing from my MacBook. If I deactivate Zoom and only use the Sonos ACE to listen music (e.g. Spotify) the noise goes away.

As soon as you have Spotify open and then you open zoom as example and go Settings » Audio to test speaker and mic the noise starts.

@Sonos you should test and provide a software update soon.

Userlevel 1

I'm also having this issue. Sonos support put me on hold for 30 minutes, then the call dropped. I'll try contacting them again, but may have to return these if it's not resolved. I understand it's Sonos' first headphones, so issues are expected. But for a premium price, better customer support is needed.

Userlevel 2

I've just received my headphones and updated them and I'm experiencing the right ear crackling buzz sound as well.

Userlevel 1

Called support and they wanted to walk to me through diagnosis which I said wasn't necessary because I’ve been reading about this as a known issue.  I'm at work and didn't have the headphones on me at the time.  Told me to call back, so I returned them at Best Buy. 

Userlevel 1

What in the world….

I had high expectations because Sonos set the bar pretty high, I love their stuff!

But… Ace should be translated to Ass

Same issue, the static is super noticeable so it makes it horrible to use for meetings. It is not very good for movies when you own a beam (v1), not particularly great for music either. This is the first product that seems to be extremely disappointing, so much so that I like to return mine @Support can I please get help to get a better experience or provide me with a RMA? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I think if they don’t resolve the issue somehow or if they don’t want to send me a new pair I’ll return them. 

I mean, this is bad customer service at this point. They know there’s an issue, I’m not going to pay £449 and be happy with static noises in my ears. 

I used the Support Chat this afternoon, and eventually got through to a real person.

I said up front that I wanted a replacement, and I pointed the Chat Agent to this thread and the other one.

They said the issue was a known issue, went through the usual questions, waited for authorisation from the support tier above them, and then finally came back to say that a replacement was authorised 👍

Only annoying thing is that I have to send the original headphones back before I get sent the replacements.

Userlevel 1

I used the Support Chat this afternoon, and eventually got through to a real person.

I said up front that I wanted a replacement, and I pointed the Chat Agent to this thread and the other one.

They said the issue was a known issue, went through the usual questions, waited for authorisation from the support tier above them, and then finally came back to say that a replacement was authorised 👍

Only annoying thing is that I have to send the original headphones back before I get sent the replacements.

That’s horrible! Glad I returned, not dealing with all that.

Userlevel 2
Badge

That’s horrible! Glad I returned, not dealing with all that.

I get a new one from the reseller Hifi Klubben. They are going to sent an Ace from an new batch to the store so that they can swap it for me. That's service, isn't it Sonos?

I can understand them wanting to wait until they’ve received the original set back (what if I was lying, kept the 1st set and sold them?), but I’ve dealt with other retailers before who will happily send the replacement first - sometimes with a temporary credit card hold that gets released once they receive the  original item.

Having the exact same issue with static / crackling in the right ear cup. Is the only resolution to replace the unit? 

I too have the same issue with static/buzzing in the right ear. I am curious to see if replacement units fix the issue and/or whether Sonos can fix it with a software update in the next couple of weeks. Otherwise sadly these headphones are going back to Amazon.

Userlevel 2

I have this issue as well.  Straight out of the box and it buzzes out of the right ear.  Performed the day-one software update and it didn’t help.

I do have the same issue, it’s buzzing on the right side, it’s highly noticeable during aware mode, you can barely hear it on active noise cancellation but it’s still there.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Same issue here.  I unboxed, updated their software, put them on, and then heard the problem in the right ear. Not present with ANC on, only in aware mode.  Hadn’t even listened to song yet.  Have lodged a support ticket.

i had the same problem. Called them today and i’m sending back to sonos, and hopefully i’ll receive a non faulty pair, if not, not sure what headphones to get anymore with me getting the maxes and them breaking on me within 1 week, and the xm5’s not being up to par.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Update: 75 minute wait on the phone for help, which I won’t be doing. My support ticket wasn’t really a support ticket as it looks like my query ended up with sales via their chatbot no-humans-available live chat.  So sales emailed me and told me to apply updates, which I’d already done, and told me to raise a ticket through live chat (which I can’t as it directs me to the phone), or the phone (which is a 75 minute wait).  

To add to this, I just discovered that when the headphones are extended to match a comfortable wearing position on my head, that they don’t fit in the case.  You need to retract them, lose your length setting, and reset every single time you take them out of the case.  What.

Anyone else find the zipper on the case jams after the first 5cm every time?

News is spreading :
https://techissuestoday.com/sonos-replacing-ace-headphones-due-to-anc-static-noise-issue/

tic, tac.

Please put the red memo everywhere and send a non faulty unit (yes, I called, and I lost my time).

@Corry P I’ve not heard anything

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jag.sahota 

I have just checked your case - it is in a queue and you will hear from someone shortly, I just can’t say when.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1

@Corry P Hope this will help for the hundreds of people that have this issue.