Question

Sonos Ace and Playbar

• 5 June 2024
  • 9 replies

HAVE I JUMPED THE GUN????????

I just received my Ace headphones which I have been waiting for for 4 years!! One feature I bought them on the back of was the fact that you can pick up from the soundbar. I have been trying to do it for hours and just seen it only works with Arc? Is this true anyone know?

I am returning if this is the case

Thanks for any answers / help in advance

9 replies

Userlevel 7

The Ace can only swap TV audio with the Arc. Sonos has said the Ace will support audio swap with the Beam and Ray in the future but have not mentioned the Playbar. I would guess that the Playbar will not be supported since it is an older and discontinued product.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Playbar and Playbase have insufficient memory, it seems.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

HAVE I JUMPED THE GUN????????

Yes, you have.  There are many traps here, including that one.

@nik9669a , while there may be an aspect of memory or CPU issues involved, I also suspect a lack of Bluetooth electronics. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@nik9669a , while there may be an aspect of memory or CPU issues involved, I also suspect a lack of Bluetooth electronics. 

I was just repeating what Sonos said here: 

Does audio swap rely on Bluetooth or is that a wifi connection? Can Bluetooth support 5.1? 

Userlevel 7

I was just repeating what Sonos said here: 

Does audio swap rely on Bluetooth or is that a wifi connection? Can Bluetooth support 5.1? 

Pretty sure it is using a WiFi connection.

If bluetooth is involved, it would be about establishing communication initially (which turning on the swap), not audio transmission.  Sonos has stated that occurs over wifi.

Thanks all. Upgrade to Arc or accept not having this feature. Appreciate all the comments 

Badge

Oh dear, I expected the Amp to be included in the future list. I only bought the Amp 6 months ago so it isn’t a discontinued product. I’ve tried the Arc but returned it as my KEF speakers and Amp have a much wider sound stage and sound better for music plus the virtual centre channel works great, vocals are clear and ‘centred’.

Looks like I will have to return the Ace’s ☹️