Skip to main content
Question

Pairing ACE with ARC

• 25 July 2024
  • 3 replies

So first off Sonos really needs to be better at their advertising. Whoever is in charge is either very unexperienced or just trying to trick people into buying a new product. This “Pair” clearly says you can Share the home theater experience with someone. How in the world can you share 1 pair of headphones? Their “chat” persons are just as bad. I was assured my existing setup would work with the ACE headphones. I get them and they do not work. I am told the were never meant to work with the Beam. So we had to buy an ARC. Ok, time for an upgrade, $1600 for a set of head phones to work with your home entertainment system seems a bit steep, but I really wanted to keep the Sonos ecosystem going. I told the rep I wanted to use both headsets, I told them we had a hearing impaired family ,ember that would need to listen via headphones while the rest could listen normally. So I seen the $$ and the new ARC arrives. Guess what? Yeah, I was lied to AGAIN. Apparently the ARC cannot do 2 headsets and it cannot generate sound over the home theater and a headset at the same time. Lies, Lies, Lies. Come on Sonos, you have a good product, why do you have to stoop to such nefarious tactics to get people to spend their money?

Excerpt from the Sonos advertisement….
“Double up on the ultimate personal listening experience with two pairs of headphones. ...
… Quietly share an immersive home theater experience with someone when you swap TV audio from Sonos Arc. ...”

When can we expect a fix for this mess?

3 replies

I second that. This is borderland fraudulent. So disappointed. Was also under the impression that you could listen on the arc and headphone at the same time for someone that is hearing impaired. Also the fact that I find out I need to buy into the Apple ecosystem to get it to work because they have not added android support to set it up. (Have no interest in investing in crAppels ecosystem.)

So senseless! I was about to order two Ace headphones under the assumption they could be simultaneously paired with our Sonos Surround Arc systems. Thankfully researched the matter first, learning to my chagrin that contrary to Sonos’ suggestions, joint pairing of Aces is not possible. A tentative suggestion from Sonos that this will be fixed with a future update is insufficient. We have excellent headphones, the sole reason for ordering Aces was joint Arc compatibility. Intended use not functional, accordingly order canceled. Get it right Sonos.

I am glad we were able to save you from the frustration we have experienced. To date, Sonos has made no statement or even attempted to communicate about this issue. They are completely ignoring their customers.