Question

new Sonos Ace completely misses the mark

• 22 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

We did not need another pair of Bluetooth only headphones. What would have been a home run is if the headphones were a unique zone within the Sonos network that could be grouped and have access all Sonos content sources. That would have set the. Apart and made them a must have for people with Sonos systems. Not as if the architecture isn’t already available in small size with the Sonos roam. A complete miss. 

2 replies

At a time when Sonos needs a hit out of the park product, the ace comes as a bitter disappointment. I purchased the Sonos arc after a lot of research .I am profoundly deaf from my hobby of listening to music over many decades way too loud.With new hearing aids and the arc, my wife and I can kind of watch TV together. She does not allow me to use closed captioning because it annoys her! If the ace allowed me to adjust the volume on the headphones while my wife listen to the arc, I would buy one almost irregardless of the cost.Sonos: I am not alone. Produce a high-end product that would solve a problem faced by millions of older Americans and some young ones. It would be a unique niche. If you cannot get your act together and produce a product people can get excited about, I will just have to wait for the next iteration from Apple and hope they have the technical ability to solve a huge problem between husbands and wives. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am really trying to understand this product decision.  I would have bought 2, now I have no interest at all.