Skip to main content

The Ace have a markedly better sound profile that my AirPods Max (AM); however the precision of the AM’s volume control, especially at the lowest volumes, is peerless. It is quite granular and decreases to the point of barely hearing sound. This allows me to read, write, reflect, or sleep without intrusion.

The lowest volume level on the Ace headphones is far too intrusive for the quiet enjoyment of one's music during said activities, which is a real shame (and perhaps not a priority for Sonos given the recent app debacle). I wear ANC monitors to shut out not create distractions, so it pains me to say that I may end up returning these despite my deep appreciation of their sound profile.

I would note that other OEMs (eg, Bose QC Ultra earphones and earbuds) have the same issue, but I expect better from a more expensive product. This feedback relates specifically to my use of the Ace headphones with my iPhone and iPad. I received and updated my Ace headphones today, which means that for me the issue persists as of the latest software update.

Hi @ace24 

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

Just writing to say I have the same complaint and hope the team will work on this.