Question

Bad audio ACE connected via bluetooth on PC with Windows 11

• 10 June 2024
  • 1 reply

My ACE is recognized in Windows 11 via Bluetooth (after a while) but when I want to listen to some audio I just get some sparks of sound but no fluid audio. Also the microphone isn’t working properly. Is this only occurring with me or is this just a problem on my PC?

Via cable with 3,2 jack sound is oke but the microphone doesn’t work at all.

The update has no effect.

What is the problem here?

Have latest Windows 11 update installed.

Tried ACE also on my iMac with bluetooth. No problems at all!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dvdz 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay! I’m sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Ace headphones.

My ACE is recognized in Windows 11 via Bluetooth (after a while) but when I want to listen to some audio I just get some sparks of sound but no fluid audio. Also the microphone isn’t working properly. Is this only occurring with me or is this just a problem on my PC?

There have been some software updates since you posted here - please ensure your Ace headphones have the latest software. Please also try rebooting your computer.

Via cable with 3,2 jack sound is oke but the microphone doesn’t work at all.

When using the 3.5mm cable to link Ace to a source, microphone use is not supported. Please use the supplied USB-C to USB-C cable, or a Bluetooth connection, to use the microphones on Ace.

The update has no effect.

Please see page I linked to above for how to update your Ace headphones.

What is the problem here?

Have latest Windows 11 update installed.

Tried ACE also on my iMac with bluetooth. No problems at all!

If issues persist after updating, please try resetting your Ace: Factory reset your Sonos product

And if that does not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.