Question

Audio switch from Arc to Ace

Audio switch from Arc to Ace

Hey,

Anyone who got their Ace having trouble with audio switch feature? When I’m trying to make a switch it says something that ”could not finish the switch, make sure your products are powered on and try again later” with link to Sonos support. 

I have Arc + sub + symfonisks if that even matters. I have tried rebooting Ace and tried to use content button instead of app, didnt work.

17 replies

It’s mentioned in the Verge review as an item they’re aware of, and working on. 

Yes. I’m having major issues. I have an Arc and everything updated but the Content Button does nothing when pressed and held. The only way I can swap audio from the Arc is to use the Sonos app on my phone. Not the end of the world but definitely not as advertised either. Equally getting very intermittent bursts of static crackle occasionally but not enough to ruin things. The lack of the Trueplay tuning for Ace and Arc leave the headphones sounding exactly like headphones without much soundstage. I understand this is another feature coming later. They released these a few months too early. Excellent Bluetooth headphones though. 

I removed TV Audio Swap in the app then added it again and the button swap is working now. 👍

Badge

Same. Holding button gives a confirmation sound, pause, then failure “donk” sound. Same with using swap in the app.

Have tried removing tv swap and readding. Have tried unplugging Arc and retrying. Tried updating Arc. Tried reinstalling app. Nothing.

Having the same issue, only reason i bought these were to switch the audio.

Userlevel 2

My audio switch from TV/Arc to Ace appears to work properly. There was an update as sson as i started the setup of the Ace last night…..however, it’s only the TV audio that’ll switch……... If I play any “music” through the Arc I can NOT switch this to the Ace.

I “assumed” this would work as well but apparently not (well, not for me at least!). Anyone else tried this??

Hi All. The Arc swap will only work with hdmi audio. IOW, if you have anything playing via the tv, it will swap. If you are streaming anything to the Arc, it won’t swap.

would love the feature to have Arc and Ace play simultaneously….

Badge

Is it normal that I can swap to the Arc from my Macbook Pro, but when I try to swap back I need to manually connect via bluetooth again?

I was experiencing the same problem as OP and this is how I fixed it:

My Arc’s network connection is hardwired over ethernet, so I must’ve disabled its WiFi at some point. I reenabled WiFi by opening the app settings, navigating to the room with the Arc under “Your System,” tapping the Arc under “Products,” and ensuring that “Enable WiFi” is checked under “Connection.”

I’m assuming with this disabled, the Arc and Ace are unable to make a connection over WiFi direct. Worth a try if you’re running into this error and also have an ethernet-connected Arc.

I was experiencing the same problem as OP and this is how I fixed it:

My Arc’s network connection is hardwired over ethernet, so I must’ve disabled its WiFi at some point. I reenabled WiFi by opening the app settings, navigating to the room with the Arc under “Your System,” tapping the Arc under “Products,” and ensuring that “Enable WiFi” is checked under “Connection.”

I’m assuming with this disabled, the Arc and Ace are unable to make a connection over WiFi direct. Worth a try if you’re running into this error and also have an ethernet-connected Arc.

You are the real hero of the day Sir!

My issue isn’t the same as OP but is the same as @whippleshuffle. I don’t have my Arc hard wired so WiFi is enabled and still having the same problem. I’ll just hear the tones of it trying and failing to connect with no error message. Anyone find a solution yet or know if a update will fix?

@WhiteNoise3, maybe you need to enable the Multipoint setting, if you haven’t already?

Badge

Also purely wifi enabled. I wish it was that easy…

I might try rebuilding the “room” this weekend. Delete and re-pair everything. Not sure why it's such a rare issue.

Also I don't see any error in the app, just the audio cues from the headphones themselves.

I called Sonos support and after escalating it up a couple levels they ultimately told me it’s a known issue that they’re working on fixing but don’t have a timeframe when it’ll be fixed. 

Badge

@WhiteNoise3, maybe you need to enable the Multipoint setting, if you haven’t already?

Ah that was exactly it. Thank you very much!

Badge

I called Sonos support and after escalating it up a couple levels they ultimately told me it’s a known issue that they’re working on fixing but don’t have a timeframe when it’ll be fixed. 

Thanks for that. Was going to call Monday.

Curious because it seems rare … maybe specific wifi hardware blocking a port or some such is the culprit, curious what are you using? I'm running a Deco 6e network.

Badge

Updated firmware today (takes a solid 10 minutes) and Swap worked perfectly.

@aschaa give it a shot

Updated firmware today (takes a solid 10 minutes) and Swap worked perfectly.

@aschaa give it a shot

finally it works!! Thanks for the heads up @whippleshuffle