Skip to main content

Hi,

i received my Ace yesterday and during my test when switching from Arc to Ace i noticed an audio/lip sync issue. Am I the only one?

Hi @AbunaE 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! I’m sorry to hear of your lip-sync issue - it sounds annoying!

As far as I can determine, we are not aware of any lip-sync issues with Arc and Ace. 

If this happens repeatedly, please try rebooting your Arc by unplugging it from power for a few seconds.

If that did not help, please try rebooting Ace by following the instructions on our Reboot Sonos products help page:

Sonos Ace

1. Disconnect Sonos Ace from any USB-C cable connections.
  2. On the left ear cup, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for about 3 seconds. Sonos Ace will play a power-off tone and the status light will turn off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for about 3 seconds to turn Sonos Ace back on.

And if that does not help, please try resetting Ace, as described on our Factory reset your Sonos product help page:

Sonos Ace

1. Sonos Ace will need a powered USB-C connection during part of the reset process. Get a USB-C cable ready by connecting it to a power source, like a laptop or a wall adapter, but don’t connect it to Sonos Ace yet.
  2. Make sure your Sonos Ace is powered on.
  3. Press and hold the power button on Sonos Ace, then immediately plug the USB-C cable into the USB-C port on the left ear cup.
  4. Continue holding the power button until Sonos Ace’s status light flashes white, about 7 seconds.
  5. After the status light flashes white, unplug the USB-C cable from Sonos Ace and release the power button.

Once reset, Sonos Ace will go into pairing mode and show a flashing blue status light.

After resetting Sonos Ace, you can reconnect it to a previously-used device, but you first need to remove it from your device’s list of remembered connections. To do this, open your device’s Bluetooth or Connected Device settings, select Sonos Ace from the list, then choose Forget or Remove.

After resetting, you’ll need to Set up your Sonos Ace once more.

If none of these procedures help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who will look further into the situation for you.

I hope this helps.

Hi Corry. Thank you. Actually i did not reproduce the issue in the last 2 days, even with the same video file. I just know it can happen. I keep your procedure if it persists. 

Yeah there is audio sync issue. I happened with my Arc and Ace. It also seems to happen sporadically. Occasionally, it even happens as the video continues to play it slowly gets out of sync. this must be software bug. My arc is hard wired in with WiFi enabled and ace is on latest firmware.

I just hooked up my brand new Ray and Ace a couple of hours ago and I’m noticing a significant amount of lip sync delay. It is intermittent and doesn’t affect half the content I consume because i’m probably listening to a podcast or youtube in the background while i’m working. but it is noticeable in games and it is distracting and it is a deal breaker if it continues.

seems silly to try a factory reset on these products considering they’re out of the box, yeah?

I hope this gets some attention and isn’t taking a backseat to wasting everyone’s time by recommending a factory reset.

seems silly to try a factory reset on these products considering they’re out of the box, yeah?

Sure, but it might fix it? Apart from a bit of time, what is there to lose by trying it. It might end up being time well-spent.

(Also, the OP was talking about it being in sync on the soundbar but then not when swapping to the Ace. I’m wondering if you have sync delays on both Ace and Ray? - if so, then it will be down to settings on the TV or external device (like Apple TV/Firestick/set-top box etc). There is also an audio delay slider on the Sonos app. If the issue is with both Ace and Ray, it would be worth looking into all your audio settings before waiting for a fix that cannot be resolved because of how you are set up.)

“but might fix it”

these products are NEW, updated, and experiencing the very noticeable issue within MINUTES of setup. i will absolutely not be wasting my time factory resetting anything that is literally out of the box unless you can explain to me your very convincing logic.

yes, i have the exact same issue: i’m describing only the delay I hear over the headphones. as far as i could tell, the audio sync setting applies only to the soundbar.

“but might fix it”

these products are NEW, updated, and experiencing the very noticeable issue within MINUTES of setup. i will absolutely not be wasting my time factory resetting anything that is literally out of the box unless you can explain to me your very convincing logic.

yes, i have the exact same issue: i’m describing only the delay I hear over the headphones. as far as i could tell, the audio sync setting applies only to the soundbar.

What do I care what you do? Do what you like. I’m only making suggestions that might improve your experience. Whether you act on that is up to you.

“but might fix it”

What do I care what you do? Do what you like. I’m only making suggestions that might improve your experience. Whether you act on that is up to you.

I totally get it, I hope you understand that I’m not being stubborn in an attempt to be disrespectful of your recommendation; it’s about the principle of the issue, that a device straight out of the box should not have a problem that can only be fixed by performing a factory reset.

If I feel like the problem isn’t going to resolve itself or if I can isolate the conditions that make it worse, I will submit a ticket for support and see if there’s any other recommendations. I have 27 days to decide if this is just intolerable or if the convenience outweighs the inconvenience, and I will try a factory reset in a couple of weeks, but i’m not going to hold my breath on it fixing anything.

You might consider venting to Sonos folks, not other users who’s only crime is coming here to try and help other users.

You might consider venting to Sonos folks, not other users who’s only crime is coming here to try and help other users.

I’m just here confirming my shared experience with @AbunaE

It’s clear that Sonos staff frequent these forums, and I have no expectation that a user would attempt to give me advice that Sonos staff wouldn’t. But I might expect that users who share this experience would be equally frustrated as I am.

Hi @dewmguy 

Sorry to hear of the issues you’ve been having. If rebooting your Ray does not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - Ace support has only just been added to Ray, so if there is an issue with the pairing, we’d need to investigate. Thanks.

Hi @dewmguy 

Sorry to hear of the issues you’ve been having. If rebooting your Ray does not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - Ace support has only just been added to Ray, so if there is an issue with the pairing, we’d need to investigate. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply Corry.

I’ve been using the headset for a few days now, typically 4-8 hours per day. The issue does seem to get worse over time, I’ve found that if i power them off and back on the latency is significantly reduced but is not fully negated.

I will continue to monitor the behavior and make a ticket in the next week.

Same here with Ace and Beam (2). Rebooting devices doesn’t help. It get worse over time, really disappointing…

I’m noticing the same thing and I use Ace + Arc. 

I don’t know if it has to do with pausing what I’m watching or if it’s generally slowly getting worse while watching (which seems a bit odd), but it sure is something that Sonos need to address.

Hi @Heragoth & @Sven73 

Sorry to hear that you both are affected too. Please get in touch with our technical support team to get this issue documented.

The link takes me to the Swedish support site with just phone and chat as options. I’m thinking writing here should be enough, since there obviously are more users with the same issue and since you as staff already has taken notice.

So far I haven’t used them enough to be annoyed enough to call them. ;)

Btw, they mention it in this review as well:

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sonos/ace-wireless