Ace Software Update Today - No TrueCinema yet

Userlevel 5
Badge +8
  • Prodigy I
  • 170 replies

There's a Ace software update available, from 2.9.2.xxx to 2.9.3.xxx

The update process is incredibly slow, more than 10 minutes after a quick download. I assume since it uses Bluetooth to communicate with the Sonos app.

It would be nice if sonos posted release notes, which I can't find, but in any case there's no hint of TrueCinema in the settings yet.

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

There's a Ace software update available, from 2.9.2.xxx to 2.9.3.xxx

The update process is incredibly slow, more than 10 minutes after a quick download. I assume since it uses Bluetooth to communicate with the Sonos app.

It would be nice if sonos posted release notes, which I can't find, but in any case there's no hint of TrueCinema in the settings yet.

Is the static noise gone or do you haven't had issues with that?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

There's a Ace software update available, from 2.9.2.xxx to 2.9.3.xx....

I haven't observed this issue, didn't notice buzz either before or after this Ace software update.

Userlevel 2
Badge

There's a Ace software update available, from 2.9.2.xxx to 2.9.3.xx....

I haven't observed this issue, didn't notice buzz either before or after this Ace software update.

Good to hear. I go grab a replacement tomorrow. So I hope that one will work without issues. I am on my third one right now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I called tech support about release notes for Ace software updates. Bottom line not available at this time. Assuming they'll provide this when they have info they deem relevant to costumer, but then I make no assumptions about Sonos.

Userlevel 2

Still showing 2.9.2-26803e14f as up to date here and no 2.9.3x update available. Was it pulled? I’ve refreshed a few times but no new update is displayed.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Things are a little less wonky overall than yesterday. Soundbar swap (what I care about) is a little less buggy. While poking through settings, I just noticed that something had recently completely reset the EQ and turned off true play/loudness on all my setups/rooms.

I was already disappointed with the expected vs actual features, so I hope they can squash some bugs pretty quickly.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Things are a little less wonky overall than yesterday. Soundbar swap (what I care about) is a little less buggy. While poking through settings, I just noticed that something had recently completely reset the EQ and turned off true play/loudness on all my setups/rooms.

I was already disappointed with the expected vs actual features, so I hope they can squash some bugs pretty quickly.

Yes! All my EQ settings also mysteriously reset, and Trueplay had to disappear then reappear.

When I attempt to update, it gets to 100% and then says there has been an error and fails the update. Anyone else have this issue? I'm still on v2.9.2

Badge

+1 for release notes

Badge

Aside from sorely missed release notes (transparency will help us helping you, Sonos, by testing what you have fixed in the update) I'm pleased to experience that you can use/listen while the Ace updates. Not used to this from where I’m coming from with B&O H95…