Answered

Ace headphones swap with Arc

• 8 June 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I just bought the headphones and when I swap with the Arc it plays perfectly for 5-10 seconds then my tv goes black almost like the tv turned off but it is still powered on. I use an Apple TV and was wondering if anyone else is having an issue? 

icon

Best answer by ScottaS 11 June 2024, 16:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ScottaS 

Thanks for your post!

I’m sorry to hear of this issue you are having with your TV going blank after activating TV Audio Swap on your Ace headphones - this is very unusual!

Before going any further, I recommend rebooting your TV and Arc by removing power for at least a minute. If the issue persists, please continue:

Could you please supply some details about your TV? Make, model and firmware version/date, please.

Please also recreate the issue and submit a support diagnostic immediately afterwards. Don’t share the given number here, but please let me know when you have completed the process, and I’ll look into it for you. Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the reply. I tried unplugging everything and that did not work. I have a Vizio model D65-F1 version 2.500.13.1-9 and use an Apple TV model A2169 running tvOS 17.5.1. I will be submitting a diagnostic after sending this message. 

Thank you,

Scott 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ScottaS 

Thanks - I have forwarded those details and your diagnostics on to a colleague for investigation.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you for the assistance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ScottaS 

You are most welcome!

Please try disabling HDMI-CEC (may just be called CEC, or “Bravia Sync”) in your TV’s settings - does this fix the issue of the screen going blank? If so, we recommend that you contact Vizio for further assistance. If it stops audio as well, please let me know.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok so I went to the CEC and disabled it which did not work. I then switched the CEC to Arc only  and it seems to have worked.  Fingers crossed. 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ScottaS 

Interesting! My suspicion is now that there was a CEC conflict with another device connected to the TV, but it sounds like restricting CEC to the Arc has taken care of that! Thanks for updating the thread!

Please let me know if there are any further related issues.