Answered

Why does my sonos now insist I declare which room I want music to play in?

• 1 April 2022
  • 2 replies

I've had Sonos for a few years now, always a Sonos Beam in my living room and a Sonos One in my bedroom, with Google assistant added. And I've always had the ability to say "Ok Google, play Duo mix on Spotify" and the Sonos that heard me, would play without any issue. 

But recently, both my living room and bedroom sonos' are insisting I declare which Sonos I want the music to play in. If I don't say "in my bedroom" it won't play and I have to start the voice command over. It's a small detail that is a bit annoying. If I'm 3 feet away from the bedroom sonos', you're obviously the one I want music to play on, the living room sonos didn't hear me or activate to listening mode.

Why did this change, and is there a way to change it back?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 2 April 2022, 11:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Have a look at the support article below.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7532812

I know it would intuitively seem like it would be a Sonos setting for this, but Google actually has full control over where audio plays when making a command to play music.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

With my system it does this sometimes too, even when commanded from the Sonos speaker I want to play the music on. Have you tried removing Sonos from GA and vice versa and reinstalling GA?