Answered

Voice Match in GA

Userlevel 3
Hi all,

If I am not mistaken, Voice Match doesn't seem to work on the Sonos One. Is Sonos thinking of implementing it?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 11 July 2019, 23:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

50 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
While I can't share any specifics on if it may happen, I'll pass along the request to the team that you're looking for the feature. Our team does work closely with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant teams as well, so feedback about features that are missing and requested are always welcome.
Userlevel 1

Well this is a major disappointment.

Got a 1500 euro Sonos setup and it's outperformed by my 35 euro Google home mini, who can actually distinguish all family members and use the correct Spotify account.

I was looking for an all in one solution, now I have to disable ga on Sonos again and reinstall the mini.

How can you develop a speaker system clearly targeted and used in a family living room, without the support for a family??

Userlevel 1

Major disappointment here too when i found out that voice match isn't enabled in sonos speakers! I did a lot of research before buying my latest speakers but this lack of feature never crossed my mind!

Voice match is such an important thing when you want to control your smart devices and stream your own playlists for example.

Please fix this! This is not acceptable!

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi sunnyd24, there's no timeline at the moment as we haven't confirmed if this feature can be added, or under development. I'm happy to add your voice to the request to the team though.

Hi, just adding my voice to how crucial this is for anyone not living alone! A bit disappointed that it comes without voice match support. Hopefully it will be made available in an update soon. 

Userlevel 1
I wanted to add my vote to getting Voice match added for the Google assistant. It's a great feature. And means better access to your own services and music. It's the reason I use Google assistant around the house. And to be honest part of the reason of getting the Sonos one and beam.

This is a “must have” feature in a family household! Please add my name to the request =)

I just bought two Sonos Ones entirely because it said it works with GA.  I had no idea it only kinda works with GA.  I have a family of four and without the ability for my daughter to play her music off of her Spotify account without effecting my Spotify data this is useless.

It's sad because the sound is amazing and I am forced to return them.  I spent a couple hours trying to setup Voice Match before finding out that Sonos does not support it.

With no commitment as to whether you ever will have such support I have to return them.  I suggest Sonos market their smart devices to single people only 

Same here. Family of four each with a separate Spotify account. Not being able to distinguish between persons makes the GA feature in the Sonos quite useless. My Spotify account get polluted with everyone's different taste in music 

Badge
Hi,
I would like to add my support for the voice match features for the Sonos, as it is a security concern as anybody within the house will have access to the data of the Google account linked to.

If voice match was implemented then, for example, my voice would allow access to my calendar and the wife's voice would allow access to her calendar, and anybody else that tries would get no response or limited to public information.

@Ryan S
Please advise if there is a timescale for the implementation of this feature now?

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Hi dabitbol

Voice Match is governed by Amazon as is the Alexa Assistant. In short Amazon has decided what features of Alexa can be incorporated in a Sonos product. Sonos cannot flip a switch or send out an update to turn on Voice Match (at least not at this time). So that said it could come in a future update; but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi RobertM, I don’t have any news to share today, but I’ll make sure the team knows you’re still looking for it. As soon as there’s news, we’ll be sure to let everyone know.

This is really a dissapointment. Family of 4 here. I really want my personal agenda when I ask for it, not that of other family members …

Hope for support of this soon.

+1 for voice match.

I LOVE my Sonos Move but this extra feature would make it even more awesome.

I would also like to add my voice! I use my sonos with my bf, sister, mom and stepdad and I would like for them not to have acces to my calendar etc!

@Misplaced_one it's not within the Sonos app but the Google App. So go either into Google Home app or Google Assistant app/Settings/Assistant/Voice Match. Then it will do a search for devices on your network and all Sonos GA enabled speakers will show up. Confirm it and Bob's your mother's brother. 

Man. I’ve paid over €800 for a system with an incomplete voice assistent? That’s a bummer. Please. Please enable this feature.

I just joined the Sonos club. Having GA was one of the main feature that made me chose Sonos over other options, yet due to this limitation I can not use it! What a disappointment! Please fix this ASAP!

Userlevel 3
Badge

+1 my family members are not using the assistant on Sonos for that reason, instead they are using Google home devices to play music from their own library.

Same here, family of 4. Big dissapointment not to be able to use voice match in GA.. Fix this please!

Definitely adding support for voicematch please. GA loses a lot of its functionality in a multi-person home when voicematch doesn’t work. We’ve basically gone back to a google home which kind of defeats the point of having GA on Sonos.

Cheers,

Mark,

+1Would love to have this too!

Badge

Voice Match is finally rolled out. (Together with the possibility to adjust the mic sensitivity for the wake up word).  

Maybe it was part of the Sonos S2 launch, I upgraded yesterday and I found it possible to enable Voice Match today. 👍

+1

Userlevel 1

I don't think they will ever be able to implement it due to the terrible quality of the mic. It's a Sonos thing you paid 500$ for a play 5 and you want to listen to stuff from you tube we will pass it along..... This was said what 5 years ago when the Gen 1 came out. Don't hold your breath they won't tell you anything and NOTHING gets solved here. Your concerns go directly into a trash can and no one reads them. Any good engineer and developer in a company will tell you transparencies is important and these guys hide behind the curtains all day and get no patches out. I work in IT and do a lot of low voltage work as well. I used to say Sonos is the way Sonos will fix it eventually and I honestly stopped recommending it to most people. I bought the move for bluetooth.... Decent speaker, GA control trash! No volume control for the assistants voice, can barely understand what you are saying, and no updates in sight.