Answered

Unable to Connect Google Assistant to Connect:Amp

• 29 April 2023
  • 1 reply

I am trying to link google assistant and my Sonos app and am getting error messages saying I need to link speakers to my Sonos account. When I check my account, the connect:amp shows up as expected. I’ve tried linking the two services from the Google side and Sonos side, but same result with both.  I’m using the same Sonos account everywhere, and have reviewed the support articles posted already. 

Anybody else ever face a similar issue? Or is this product not compatible with Google Assistant? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 May 2023, 14:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dmehr 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

There is currently an issue with Google Assistant on Sonos - https://status.sonos.com/

As I understand it, the issue does not relate to linking devices, but as Google Assistant wouldn’t work with your Sonos until this issue has been resolved, I think it’s best to leave it until the issue has been cleared - I’m not sure if you’re wasting your time by trying to get the device linked right now or not.

If you continue to have issues afterwards, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

There is no estimation as to when the issue will be resolved, however.

I hope this helps.