Answered

to be recorded without his knowledge

• 21 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I need your help please:

Can we use google assistant or any other system to record conversations in a room where a sonos is without notifying it? Can we use the sonos system combined with google assistant or any other one to listen to activities happening in a room?

I am asking as I suspect my ex husband set this up to follow my conversations and listen to activities happening at my home. 
Thanks so much for your help!

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 21 March 2023, 06:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Not that I’m aware of, no. But Sonos merely talks to outside servers, so you may be better off asking them, not Sonos. But if you physically turn off the microphones using the button on the speakers, there is no software way of turning them on. No connection at all between software and the microphone hardware. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This should not be possible, however if the system is still set up with your husband’s gmail account, he could see the commands you’ve given the system, which says something about your movements. Is the system still set up on his Sonos account? Than I’d reset it and set it up using your own e-mail and (if you like) gmail for GA - he should not have access to the passwords of those.