Answered

"Sorry, that mode isn't available" for some artists, works for others

• 3 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I’m trying to get my Google assistant to play well with my Sonos. I have a Nest Mini and a Symfonisk bookcase speaker in my home office. I’ve linked Sonos to my google assistant. I’ve placed the symfonisk in the same room as my nest mini, and I’ve set the symfonisk to be the default device for playback of music. 

The problem I have is that I will regularily be told that “Sorry, that mode isn’t available” for quite a few commands. For instance “Play music by Birdy” or “Play music by Birdy on Spotify” always fails with this message. Other commands such as “Play music by Linkin Park” allows my nest to start the music on my symfonisk, however, sometimes it will tell me something went wrong, despite the fact that nothing went wrong, and music is indeed playing. 

Other commands such as volume up and down almost always seem to work. 

Personally, I’m hoping sonos starts selling a small usb-powered microphone that people can place in rooms with Sonos devices that don’t have a microphone. Then I could use Sonos assistant to control the music instead. Seems that would work better and I don’t really use the assistant for anything other than trying to control Sonos. 

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 5 January 2024, 16:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Aleksander H, welcome to Sonos Community!

Your situation sounds tricky, since music requests for some artists work while not for others.

Please have a look at our Support Article Google Assistant commands not working on Sonos, there are a few helpful tips there that might point you to the right direction to resolve your issue.

If you are still experiencing this problem, I would suggest reaching out to our Support team for some live troubleshooting, they have tools at their disposal to provide you with information and advice about your system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.