Answered

Sonos move google assistant not responding when music playing

• 5 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Just got the Sonos move and was pretty impressed with it but now it seems that when music is playing, the google assistant doesn’t work. I have to pause the music on the top of the speaker and then say the command.

I have deleted the assistant and then reinstalled but the same problem persists. Has anyone else had this issue and knows of a fix?

icon

Best answer by Simon B 8 December 2020, 20:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Ellie82uk, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue with your Sonos Move to your Google Assistant. I want to ask some questions to check further on this issue. 

• When did it start happening?
  • When music is playing and you’re asking a command to the Google Assistant, what is the response of the Google Assistant?
  • Is there any error message or error response from the Google assistant after your command or it’s just silent?
  • Are there any changes made to the settings of the Google Assistant before this issue occurred?
  • Have you tried to remove and readd the Google Assistant on the Sonos App, not directly removing the Google Assistant App? (Kindly check this article on Removing Voice Services on Sonos for reference).

Answers to these questions will help us check further on what could be causing this issue.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi,

When a song was playing, the google assistant wouldn’t respond when I asked it to do something. 

Funnily enough, it has started working now. I am not sure whether there was interference with my google assistant in a nearby room.

Thanks,

elena

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Ellie82uk, thanks for the update. I’m glad that it’s working now. You may observe it for now and If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.