Answered

Sonos Microphones - can I choose to have them active on surrounds instead of Arc?

• 30 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Is there a way to change which speakers microphones are used for Google Assistant? When I had a Soundboard the surround Ones used to work perfectly. Since buying an Arc it seems to only use its own microphone which doesn't hear very well.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 30 January 2021, 06:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

If you have Ones connected to the Arc as surrounds, you will only be able use the Arc for Google Assistant.

My Ones used to work perfectly. The microphone on the Arc is awful it misses more than half the commands given. The ones have a microphone so hopefully that’s something Sonos can add in a future update to allow to choose which microphones to use.

@bnathan got the same issue. It seems that the microphone of the Sonos One is way better. I never had problems with GA with the Sonos One. I still don't with my Sonos one's upstairs. The Arc understands "hey/ok Google" fine but it doesn't understand any command or just doesn't respond to it.

Sonos just needs to add the option to chose which speaker uses the microphone. Simple fix.