Sonos Arc randomly giving me a Google assistant error?

• 16 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi All,

I have a Sonos Arc surround setup (Arc + Sub + Ones). I have NOT set up any voice assistants.

Randomly (sometimes in the middle of the night!), the Arc will say "hmm something went wrong, try again in a few seconds", literally at maximum volume.

Googling this phrase seems to point at a Google Home / Assistant error. Again, I do NOT have Google set up on any of my Sonos speakers. I do have 3 x Google Home minis dotted around the house, but obviously they should not be connected to the Sonos in any way.

Any ideas what may be causing the Google Assistant buried within the Arc to randomly activate?! It's pretty creepy...

Cheers,

Su

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Sumanji,

Hmm, that certainly sounds odd. For your Sonos products to be broadcasting Google Assistant messages there would have to be a link to your Sonos system through your existing Google Home system. Would you be able to submit a system diagnostic and reply with the number here so I can check if there’s a link there? It would also be useful for you to check the Google Assistant history from the Home app to check what happened at the time of these outbursts. You can do this by opening Google Home and clicking on the hamburger icon (the three horizontal lines in the top left). In the drop-down list, click on "My Activity" and you'll soon see a list of all the interactions you've had with Google Assistant).

Hi @James L. 

Thanks for your response - just sent the diagnostics report now. Number is: 931756344.

We had an “outburst” this early afternoon; I checked activity in the Google Home app and there was nothing at the corresponding time. The Arc was not in use (and these events only seem to happen when it is idle).

Cheers,

Su