Sonos Arc does not recognize the voice of my wife

• 21 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi everyone,

I have recently upgraded to Arc from Beam.

I am having an hard time (also, with my wife...) as the new model does not recognize my wife voice with google assistant.

What makes me nut is the following:

• if we switch to Alexa, no issue (but my kid can not say “Alexa” and on Sonos is not possible to change the wake up phrase...)
  • google assistant wakes up when my wife speaks, but then it does not go further
  • on the google mini/home we have in other rooms there are no issues (and there were not also with the Beam)
  • I have deselect “personal results” in google assistant, even if it should not be relevant

Finally, I have in any case seen a degradation in the microphones sensitivity. A few specific titles are not recognized properly (when I speak) but were by the Beam and are by the other google device I have

The system language is Italian

PS: I am “curious” to see if Arc will recognize other people beside me, but we are in lockdown now and I can not invite guests to try, for now...

guys...any clue???

thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @marcocamma, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos community. Let me help you with this.

Others can control the Sonos Arc with the Google Assistant besides you to play music, adjust volume, skip tracks, and even get the weather, all through your Sonos speakers by giving the commands.
I'd like to ask a few questions and will give some suggestions on some troubleshooting steps that you can follow.

1. Have you been experienced this issue since the first time you set it up?
2. Have you tried rebooting your network and Sonos devices? How did Google Assistant work after?
3. Do you have other Sonos devices with Google Assistance installed? If so, how does Google Assistant work on those devices?

To see if this clears up the issue, please remove Google Assistant from your Sonos devices, and then re-add it back. Does the issue still continue, or does it seem to improve? You can also run through our troubleshooting guide.

If you're still experiencing the same with Google Assistant, I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support with your full network setup including the make and model for each device. If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We and the community are always here to help.

Badge

Hi Rowena,

thanks for reaching out.

1. yes, Sonos has never been able to recognize my wife’s voice (possible: any other voices) since the first installation

2. yes, I rebooted the system a few times, I also reset Sonos and unlink google assistant service a couple of times, no luck

I also tried to enable english. Still my wife’s voice is not recognized after the initial “ok google - beep”

3. until a couple of days ago I had a Beam where I had no issue (beside a general need for any user to repeat “ok google” twice 80% of the times, if this give you any clue...). I have sold it so unfortunately I can not do the check on that device now.

I also have 2 play:1 that I can control with a Nest mini, with no issue.

Today I have set up that Nest mini to work with the Arc so at least I have a backup to use google assistant but...you can image, it’s not ideal

I will give a try to connect with the customer care…

thanks

marco

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Please tell me where you bought this? Is it a beta version ?    Such a great feature that i can’t wait to see it released 😉

Badge

Please tell me where you bought this? Is it a beta version ?    Such a great feature that i can’t wait to see it released 😉

hehehe.

Actually it gives her another reason to complain on my purchase (too long, too expensive, it sounds like the previous one [no no no!!] etc...) so I better fix this thing!!