Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos 1 app and Google

• 5 May 2024
  • 1 reply

My Google Nest works fine, responding to my voice.  My Sonos works fine and has an Alexa Dot attached to it.  I am trying to make my Google Nest play/respond through my Sonos system.  

Due to the age of my devices, I am running the Sonos S1 Controller on my Android.  When I choose Services and Voice and under Voice select Add a Service, I am given a choice to select Google Assistant.  However, when clicking Add Google Assistant, nothing happens. Sonos has been added in the Google Assistant app directly. 

Suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Gary_84, welcome to the Sonos Community!

There’s a limitation when it comes to adding multiple Voice Assistants on a Sonos speaker. While you can have Amazon Alexa and Sonos Voice Control (S2) on a Sonos speaker set up at the same time, it is not possible to have any other Voice Assistant with Google Assistant.

What happens if you try the below:

Under Settings > System > Products > Tap on a room you’d like to add GA > Under Voice: make sure Amazon Alexa is not already set up there > Add a Voice Assistant.

You could try rebooting your S1 controller (smartphone/tablet) and the target speaker as well.

You can always contact our Support Team, as they can guide you through the process live.

Let us know if that helped.