Answered

Roam with voice assistant won't skip songs

• 3 December 2023
  • 2 replies

We've just bought a Sonos Roam for the new bathroom to listen to music, radio etc while showering. Bonus the hey Google broadcast to shout out for assistance. 

However while listening yesterday I requested it to skip the song it was on. The reply was that this feature is not available for Sonos? 

I was listening to my Spotify playlist, the paid for service rather than the free in case that makes a difference. 

Is there a certain way I need to ask? I asked it to skip that song, play next song, they didn't work. 

Thanks x

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 5 December 2023, 15:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Fliss S, welcome to Sonos Community!

I just tried to reproduce your issue, but alas, with every command I used ("skip song", "next song", "next") Spotify was skipping to the next song on my playlist.
I tried while playing Spotify from within the Sonos App and by using the Spotify App and Spotify Connect. I tested while playing my own Spotify Playlists but also Spotify curated playlists from the home screen of the Spotify App.

You can check what your Google Assistant heard on http://myactivity.google.com, maybe due to background noise the command wasn’t clear.

Have a look on our Support Article Google Assistant commands not working on Sonos.

If nothing from the above worked, I would suggest contacting our Support Team for some live troubleshooting, as they have more tools at their disposal and can provide you with information and advice, specific to your system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Hello @Fliss S, welcome to Sonos Community!

I just tried to reproduce your issue, but alas, with every command I used ("skip song", "next song", "next") Spotify was skipping to the next song on my playlist.
I tried while playing Spotify from within the Sonos App and by using the Spotify App and Spotify Connect. I tested while playing my own Spotify Playlists but also Spotify curated playlists from the home screen of the Spotify App.

You can check what your Google Assistant heard on http://myactivity.google.com, maybe due to background noise the command wasn’t clear.

Have a look on our Support Article Google Assistant commands not working on Sonos.

If nothing from the above worked, I would suggest contacting our Support Team for some live troubleshooting, as they have more tools at their disposal and can provide you with information and advice, specific to your system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Thank you x

Funnily enough I got the exact same problem downstairs with the beam over the weekend 🤔 

I'll have a look at the options you suggest or contact the service team. Thanks xxx