RadioApp not working on Sonos Roam

• 6 December 2021
  • 3 replies

I recently purchased Sonos Roam and I added RadioApp as a service under Music & Content.

When I ask Google assistant to play a radio stations using RadioApp (3AW, Fox FM, SEN, ABC Melbourne) the assistant says “Sorry, it looks like RadioApp isn’t currently supported on Sonos Roam”.

I have tried using TuneIn, however my most listened to radio station (3AW) no longer streams on TuneIn as of August this year according to their statement: https://www.3aw.com.au/how-to-hear-3aw-on-sonos-and-other-devices/

Can someone please assist me to play 3AW and other Australian radio stations using Google Assistant on Sonos Roam?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi.  Just to clarify.  Is RadioApp not working on Sonos Roam (as title of thread seems to suggest) or just that it can’t be used via GA?

GA tells me RadioApp doesn’t work on Sonos Roam. RadioApp works if I play it from the app, but not with GA.

What is 'Music and Services'? Is that a GA thing?  (I use Alexa).

Are you using the Roam in WiFi mode as is required to use voice control?

Have you added GA as a service in Sonos and in the 'Voice' section of the Roam's settings?