Answered

One, One SL, Nest Doorbell, and Google Assistant

• 4 October 2021
  • 1 reply

If you have Google Assistant, a Nest Doorbell with visitor announcements and Sonos Ones, Sonos One SLs, and Play:1s, will the announcements play on just the Ones or on the entire system? Can you stream content via Google Assistant to just the Ones or can it play on any speaker in the ayatem? 

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 4 October 2021, 08:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi

I use an Arlo doorbell/cam and the  Alexa Assistant with Sonos. In the Alexa app the Arlo doorbell/cam is listed as a device as well as my Sonos speakers. In the Alexa app I designate which speakers play the announcement. The One SL’s and Play 1’swill not participate as they have no voice assistant capability. I would hope the Google assistant would offer a similar option for your Ones. Hopefully, someone using the Google assistant will respond.

Note: One’s used as surrounds will not participate as the voice assistant falls to the Arc or Beam.