Answered

Nest Doorbell (battery) with Sonos system

Hey guys

I’ve recently bought a Nest Doorbell (battery) but for some reason, I don’t get the Doorbell to send me a notification on any of my Sonos devices. 

Things I already tried:

• Re-linking the Google Assistant with Sonos (service)
  • Re-linking Sonos speaker with Google Assistant (those are two different things in the apps)
  • Factory reset my Sonos Beam (2)

The Doorbell does give me a notification on my Google Home Mini in the bedroom but that’s not how I want my setup to be. 

I also had a chat with Google Support and they told me to ask Sonos because on their end, everything is working as it should, since I get notifications on my Google Home Mini. 

Pretty frustrating. And I did find another article on here but after trying all those solutions, still no result, which is why I’m writing this. 

icon

Best answer by BMF 6 May 2022, 22:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Sorry, but I don’t think nest notifications come through on non Google / Nest speakers.

I use nest mini’s as glorified doorbell chimes here, I picked them up when they were cheap.

I tried a few years back with Google Assistant on Sonos but it was not supported then. Not tried recently though

Userlevel 7

@JonasD Check this out:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Doorbell-battery-announcements/m-p/10055

Sorry, but I don’t think nest notifications come through on non Google / Nest speakers.

I use nest mini’s as glorified doorbell chimes here, I picked them up when they were cheap.

I tried a few years back with Google Assistant on Sonos but it was not supported then. Not tried recently though

Well there’s another thread on the Sonos Community saying that this actually is a thing and people explaining they got it to work with their Google Assistent enabled Sonos devices. I just can’t make out how to get it to work.