Answered

Move the music between a Google Home speaker and a Sonos speaker

• 11 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Does Sonos support moving/trasnfering the music from a google speaker to a Sonos using their Stream transfer functionality?

You can do this between two google speakers by saying “ hey google, move the music to the living room speaker”.

https://www.blog.google/products/google-nest/move-your-music-stream-transfer

icon

Best answer by JamesDan 11 February 2021, 08:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

This isn’t possible I’m afraid. Moving music between rooms using your voice only works on speakers that support Chromecast, and Sonos speakers don’t support it, which is really unfortunate.

You can always use the Sonos app or long-press the play/pause button on the speaker you want to play music on followed by the same gesture on the speaker you want to stop the music on to ungroup it.

If you’re using Spotify, just tell the speaker you want to play music on to “Play Spotify”, and the music should start playing from where you left off.

Maybe some members of this community have other tips about this?

Badge

You can always use the Sonos app or long-press the play/pause button on the speaker you want to play music on followed by the same gesture on the speaker you want to stop the music on to ungroup it.

This feature you are describing is only possible between two sonos speakers. Not sure why you suggested it, otherwise great info, thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

This feature you are describing is only possible between two sonos speakers. Not sure why you suggested it, otherwise great info, thanks.

Whoops, my bad, I overlooked that!