Answered

Let Google Home send out music to all speakers

• 12 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

Im pretty new to the Sonos family. When I use Google Home and say “Play music Metallica on Sonos” my living room sonos speaker turns on and playing that. But I have more speakers in the house.

How do I get Google Home to play on all speakers or a set of group as default, such as all speakers in the ground floor.

I tried things like “Play music Metallica on Sonos all speakers” etc but no luck. Is this even possible?

icon

Best answer by Sebastien D. 13 February 2020, 18:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @roasten ,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the community. You now have the option to setup your”preferred speaker” on the Google Home app. To setup a preferred speaker, you’ll first want to link your Sonos account with Google Assistant. Once that’s been done, click right here and you can follow these few quick steps to get connected.

Thanks for the reply. 

I can only select one primary speaker. Not a group of speakers. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Understood, as far as I am aware there is no way of controlling a group from Goggle Assistant’s end. What I have done in my Sonos system is I have created a group called “Test” within the Google Home app and added only one of my Play: 1’s in the Test group.

Next, I have added additional Sonos speakers as a group along with the Play: 1 within the Sonos app. So when I ask Google Assistant to play music on “Test”, it recognizes the Play:1 and  I was able to get playback from all of the other Sonos speakers. Let me know if you are able to give that a try and many apologies for the confusion by the way.