"hey google" .... "sorry, cant find what you are looking for"

• 22 April 2021
  • 4 replies

See this topic had been discussed but I do not see a solution . I have rebooted.  Reloaded Google assistant but same msg

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I use google assistant off my phone and when i ask for the weather it work perfectly 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kirkc 

Thanks.

I notice you have a pair of Sonos Ones - do you have Google Assistant installed in that Sonos room, and does it work as expected?

Using Google assistant on my Samsung phone . I rebooted router as well . I ask hey google play some jazz music . It works if I ask for the weather 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kirkc 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sure there are community members willing to help, but I think they may need some more information:

• Are you using a Google-branded device to command Sonos, or a Sonos device with Google Assistant installed?
  • What are you asking it to play, and where from? 
  • What did you reboot? Just Sonos? If so, please reboot your router too by switching it off for at least 30 seconds.
  • Do you get the same result if you try playing something else, from another source?
  • If you try to play the same track/album/station from the same source to the same target within the Sonos app, does it play?
  • How does Google respond if you ask it the weather (if asking a Sonos device)?

Personally, I recommend you try the steps outlined on our Google Assistant commands not working on Sonos help page and let us know how you get on.