I have a Spotify Premium family plan and have multiple Spotify accounts linked to Sonos. I also have Google Assistant linked to each of those accounts and Voice Match set up. It all works fine except for my wife; every time she asks the Sonos speaker to play music, the speaker responds saying something like “got it, playing blah blah blah on Spotify” and then:
Sorry, it looks like Spotify Premium isn’t currently available. Please try again later.
This does NOT occur with Google speakers in the home. When she asks the Sonos speaker “who am I” it tells her her name just fine, so I know Voice Match is working. And I can ask it myself to play music without a problem.
- factory reset speaker
- unlink and re-link Spotify from Sonos
- unlink the Sonos speaker from Google and re-link it
- remove Google and Sonos permissions from Spotify in the web UI and relinking everything
- doing all of the above but with an Android device instead of iOS
- checking to make sure there’s only one Google Home
- checking to make sure there were no old speakers present
Nothing seems to work. I can play using Spotify Connect or by using the Sonos app, both with her account.