Google routines with Sonos One

• 16 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello!

Apparently Sonos now support Google home routines in their google assistant implemetation which is great :)

However, when I start the routine “Good night” and the choosen sounds has been playing for the standard 1 hour duration, the assistant suppendly speak up and says somthing like “I dont understand this command!”.

This is very annoying since this is the sleeping mode so to say and you dont want to wake up by this sound. I had a pure google speaker prior to the sonos one and that one did not have this issue.

It is like the assistant doesn’t understand the command but the routine is play anyway and the error message is postponed until the routines has played.

Note that this is the swedish version of the assistant. (I have translated the words to english)

Br Niclas

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Just wanted to chime in and confirm your findings.. Same situation “Hey Google...Goodnight.” I get everything listed in the routines due as expected. The Fireplace Sleep Sound starts and plays for 1 hr as expected. Shortly after it ends “Im sorry...I do not understand.” blast through the Beam. I reported this a long while back and found that if you create a custom action that runs as “Play Sleep Sounds XXXXX on the Bedroom Sonos” helped and not use the sleep sounds action. I have since gone back to using the Nest audio device for my bedroom routines.

Whilst some aspects of Google routines may occasionally work with Sonos products, I’ve not seen this feature ‘officially’ announced as being supported. I’m happy to stand corrected if that is indeed the case, but I couldn’t find it anywhere when searching the Sonos support pages. 

I have seen the Amazon Alexa routines mentioned as being ‘officially’ supported, which I believe was introduced with v12.1 of the S2 Sonos App, so maybe that’s the reason why these mentioned errors are currently being seen?

Userlevel 1

This happens to me even without google routines and without the mic on.  Its totally maddening, and borderline unacceptable , i need  to be able to play relaxing music/sounds for sleep

This happens to me even without google routines and without the mic on.  Its totally maddening, and borderline unacceptable , i need  to be able to play relaxing music/sounds for sleep

Please see my reply to your post in this thread…