google play next song - nothing is playing

• 28 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi Everyone, 

Sonos move with google assistant and YouTube music premium. 
While playing a song if you ask assistant to play the next song or ask what is the song name. It says nothing is playing.

Anyone getting the same issue? Sonos is on the latest firmware as of 2023 July. 

Thanks !! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Procxima

Does this issue occur when using any other music service or does the Move still say nothing is playing? Did you start playback through the Sonos app or by a voice command?

The two options you could use to resolve this would be to remove and re-add YouTube Music in the Sonos app or to remove and re-add Google Assistant. I would also recommend rebooting your router, Sonos speakers, and controller by powering them off for 30 seconds to 1 minute. This can help refresh the connections between Sonos and other servers, such as the Google Assistant cloud server.

If any of these steps resolve the issue, please let me know.

I hope this information helps!

Thanks for the reply!!

I will try remove re add the services. But it can’t be a connection issue as when I ask google assistant to play music it does follow the commands. And also follow all the usual google assistant stuff. 

Also, if I ask what is name of the song it would say nothing is playing. Seems almost like the issue is around what is currently being played. 

the issue came about when recent major issue relating google assistant and Sonos which got fixed. 

Okay, it’s fixed !! Re adding the YouTube music help via the Sonos app. Didn’t need re add the assistant. 
thanks for the help.