Answered

Google Nest-Sonos

• 29 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hoi, ik heb (1xSub/ 2x One S2 / Arc gen2. Voorheen gebruikten we een Playbar deze is nu vervangen door de Arc. Voorheen als er op de Nest doorbel werd gedrukt kwam er door een van de One speaker een melding. Nu is het zo dat de ARC(volgens Sonos )de master is en het geluid via hem komt. Alleen is het nu zo dat als er word aangebeld de volume van de Nestdoorbel niet correct is.

Wat gebeurt er dan:

-staat de tv uit en belt er iemand aan dan loopt alles goed i.o.v. het geluid. Als daarna de tv word aangezet schiet het geluid van 15 naar 70%

-zitten we gewoon tv te kijken en er belt iemand aan, dan schiet het geluid weer naar 70%.

We hebben gebeld met de klantenservice van Sonos, en voor hun ie de makkelijks manier hierin "stuur maar terug naar Polen". En dan ben je de komende 4-5 weken wel je speaker kwijt.

Heeft iemand hierin advies of heeft degenen dit probleem ook(gehad)?

Moderator edit:
Google Translate-

Hi, I have (1xSub / 2x One S2 / Arc gen2. Previously we used a Playbar, which has now been replaced by the Arc. Previously, when the Nest doorbell was pressed, a message would appear from one of the One speakers. Now it is so that the ARC (according to Sonos) is the master and the sound comes through it. However, it is now the case that when the doorbell rings, the volume of the Nestdoorbel is not correct.

What happens then:

- When the TV is turned off and someone rings the doorbell, everything runs fine as far as the sound is concerned. When the TV is then turned on, the sound jumps from 15 to 70%

-we are just watching TV and someone rings the doorbell, then the sound goes back to 70%.

We called Sonos customer service, and for them the easiest way to do this was "send it back to Poland". And then you will lose your speaker for the next 4-5 weeks.

Does anyone have any advice on this or has anyone else had this problem?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 January 2024, 12:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BeauRay 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Doorbells are not supported by Sonos - I’m not saying that they won’t work, just that we can’t assist you in getting them to work, as we don’t receive training on doorbells. I recommend you get in touch with Google support: https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp

My guess would be that you can select which speaker the doorbell will play through, though it seems to me that the process should involve reducing the volume afterwards - only Google will be able to address this if it is not happening as it should.

My replying here will get this thread back onto the list of recently active threads - hopefully, someone with experience in using Nest doorbells in conjunction with Sonos systems will be able to advise.

I hope this helps. 

Google translate:

Welkom bij de Sonos-community!

Deurbellen worden niet ondersteund door Sonos. Ik zeg niet dat ze niet zullen werken, alleen dat we je niet kunnen helpen om ze werkend te krijgen, omdat we geen training krijgen over deurbellen. Ik raad u aan contact op te nemen met Google-ondersteuning: https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp

Ik vermoed dat je kunt selecteren via welke luidspreker de deurbel zal klinken, hoewel het mij lijkt dat het proces achteraf het volume moet verlagen - alleen Google kan dit aanpakken als het niet gebeurt zoals het zou moeten.

Als ik hier antwoord, wordt dit onderwerp weer op de lijst met recent actieve onderwerpen geplaatst. Hopelijk kan iemand met ervaring in het gebruik van Nest-deurbellen in combinatie met Sonos-systemen advies geven.

Ik hoop dat dit helpt.