Google Nest Hub/Sonos Beam/Pandora

• 26 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I have a Google Hub. Before adding the Sonos Beam, I could play Pandora from the hub, and the hub's display would show what was playing on Pandora and basic controls (for example, I could thumbs up/down). Now that I've added the Beam, the music plays from the Beam - which is perfect - but it no longer displays Pandora on the hub. I have to go into the Sonos app on my phone to see what's playing. But, if I say, "Hey Google... play Ella Fitzgerald radio on Pandora on kitchen display" (which is the hub), it displays Pandora on the hub, but the music also plays from the hub and not from the Beam.

How can I play Pandora (or whatever, really) by voice control to my hub, have it display on the hub, but play on the Beam? The Beam is set as the default speaker for my hub.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

As far as I know, displaying the current song on the Hub while music is playing on the Sonos speaker is still not possible.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

As already mentioned, inorder for the Nest Hub to display song information, the playback device needs to support Chromecast, and no Sonos products do unfortunately.