Answered

Google Home Mini Voice Not Working

• 5 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Trying to use voice commands thru the google home mini (gen1) to my pair of One SL's. Can't get the Sonos App to see the Google Home Mini. From the Google Assistant app I am able to link the Sonos speaker, names also match. Sonos "add a third party smart..." link simply opens the quick help instructions.

Youtube Music on Sonos app and Google Assistant app are both logged in but all voice commands just play music on the Google Home Mini itself.

After endless fiddling I was able to use the Google Home app manual up/down, play, pause buttons to control the Sonos but no voice commands seem to work. TIA!

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 7 February 2024, 12:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @helloiamdave, welcome to the Sonos Community!

It’s possible that the connection between Sonos and Google Assistant failed at some point but still created the link between the two. I would suggest checking any potential saved connections, removing them, and then attempting to add Google Assistant to Sonos again.

You can check any existing connections on your Google account by going to Google.com → Clicking your profile icon → Manage your Google Account → Security → Your connections to third-party apps & services → Sonos. You’ll also want to remove any connections in the Google Assistant app, which is going by opening the Google Assistant app → Press on the Profile picture → Go to Explore → Sonos → Unlink.

Once you’ve checked that all links are removed, try adding Google Assistant through the Sonos app again. Additional steps I would recommend would be to reboot the phone that you’re trying to add Google Assistant with and, if possible, attempt to add it with a different phone.

If after following the above you still aren’t able to fully add Google Assistant to your system, then please reach out to our support team for further troubleshooting.

I hope this helps!