Question

Google behavior on Sonos devices, not the same as other devices

• 28 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I'd like to know why my Sonos devices only play the requested song when I request a specific song with a voice command and via You Tube Music, but when I make the exact same request on my Google Nest or Polk Assist speaker they play the requested song and then continue with other various songs that Google thinks I might like.  I would expect the same Google behavior across various Google devices.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @dave2k

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Let me share some information with you.

Voice services like Google Assistant allow you to control Sonos with your voice to play music, adjust volume, skip tracks, and even get the weather, all through your Sonos speakers. When you command a voice assistant to play music on Sonos, it will play the song you asked to play. However, playing various songs is not available with Sonos. We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern, we'll make sure that we'll pass this on to our engineering team as a feature request. Rest assured that we'll try our best to improve your experience with our Sonos products.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.