Answered

Google Assistant suddenly missing & can't be added

• 18 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

My google assistant somehow got removed from all of my sonos devices. Attempts to add it back fail (No devices found in the google assistant app). Any advice?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 December 2022, 14:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Akiryzon 

Thanks for your post!

Somehow? If it happened spontaneously, the only reason I can think of how this could happen would be if your location setting was changed to an unsupported region, for some reason. Google Assistant availability on Sonos

Please login to your Sonos account at https://www.sonos.com/login then go to Profile and verify your location. If you need to change it, there’s an Edit button at the top right of the page. The Sonos app will need to be restarted for the changes to take effect.

If that doesn’t help or apply, you could try a reboot of all devices involved - including the router and your phone/tablet. Turn them all off, wait until the router has been off for at least 30 seconds, then turn on the router first. Once it has finished booting-up, turn on the other devices. If you have any Sonos devices connected via ethernet, turn them on and wait for a solid, while light before turning on the others. Wait a couple of minutes before attempting to add Google Assistant again.

Finally, if that doesn’t work either, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.