Google Assistant responding but not doing anything

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

41 replies

Our Sonos One has stopped playing the requested station from Tunein. On switching on it flashes orange for a few seconds then nothing. Google assistant states playing the station but silence.  Is this an on going issue?

Nothing constructive in the reply...ego issue?

Anyway Dave57 we all facing the same problem waiting for updates if any.

same problem. at least give us an honest answer!

Google’s server, yes. Sonos does not have a server that runs Google’s software. Sonos passes your voice command to a Google server, and then Sonos receives and processes the data to act on from Google.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Can someone from Sonos remove the ‘Answered’ tag?   Simply saying we can check the Sonus Status page is not an answer.  It’s just confirming what we already know!

What we need to know is if a fix is in the works and when we can expect it to be implemented.

100% agree. This is just a tool to shut down comment, discussion and further, more in-depth questions.

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue. Sonos own voice service works. Could not downgrade the Roam to older version then 15.3

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Could it be the problem described here?

Google Voice Assistant - Playback Failure - Full playback failure

Identified - We've identified a problem with Google Assistant, voice requests to control Sonos and play music will likely fail, please use the Sonos app. 
Apr 24, 2023 - 14:30 UTC”

https://status.sonos.com

Alexa works fine. Tried it this morning.

No, Sonos is not down. However, it appears that the server that Google has dedicated to the Google Voice Assistant process for Sonos is experiencing difficulties. 

Bonjour je pense que Google insistant c'est bientôt bien fini pour Sonos .

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Our Sonos One has stopped playing the requested station from Tunein. On switching on it flashes orange for a few seconds then nothing. Google assistant states playing the station but silence.  Is this an on going issue?

Have you bothered to read where it says “check the status” above and in other threads? If not, please do so and then update us all. 

Having rebooted and set up system again.

GA tells me something has gone wrong with Sonos system when trying to play music, basically not working same as original fault . 

Userlevel 1

This was the reply that I received from Sonos.

“ Hello Bxxxxxxxx,

My name is Matt and I am reaching out to you with the Sonos customer escalations team. Your e-mail in regard to Google Assistant service was forwarded to me by our CEO, Patrick Spence.

Sonos has identified that there is a technical issue between Sonos and Google Voice Assistant service. We are actively investigating the issue with our partners at Google in order to implement a fix. As of this time, we do not have an ETA.

If there are further questions that I can help with, please respond to this e-mail.

All the best.

Matt S.
Sonos | Supervisor | Contact Us

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn there is some googles doing in that. Trial in 4 days right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@H-Town_Leo Sorry, but you do sound a bit paranoid.

The problem is not solved until it is solved. What information would you want? How do you know there’s been no action by Sonos?

Well… talked to the support and one thing is clear: They dont want to hear this problem and they dont do anything aput it. Google Assistant nearly sucks complete on Sonos Move and i see that Sonos is not interessted in fixing this. Thanks for nothing…. 

Bad! Very bad!