Question

Google Assistant Not Responding

• 4 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hey!

I have run into a problem with my Google Assistant (G.A.) on my Sonos One (Gen 2).

The problem is the fact that it does not respond to any command or query I provide, yet it does always perfectly register and acknowledge me saying “Hey/OK Google”.

I have gone online already in search for answers and I have noticed a lot of users with very similar stories to mine. All the fixes listed in those listings, I have already tried. I have already checked if everything is linked properly, language settings are in order, I have fully deleted G.A. from the speaker and reinstalled it to no avail. It never fails to recognize me activating G.A. but the light comes on, stays on, sometimes flickers, and still does absolutely nothing!

Has anyone else run into this problem and did manage to fix it? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @DiegoSdeM, thank you for your response and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate for detailing your concern in your post and for all your effort in performing the troubleshooting to address the issue. Let me help you figure out what's happening.

I have got a few questions and will give some suggestions on some troubleshooting steps that you can follow. 

• Any changes happened before this issue occurs? Have you been experienced this issue since the first time you set it up?
  • Have you tried rebooting your network and Sonos devices? How did Google Assistant work after?
  • Do you have other Sonos devices with Google Assistance installed? If so, how does Google Assistant work on those devices?

To see if this clears up the issue, move your Sonos One near the router. You may also temporarily wire your Sonos One to your router. Does the issue still continue, or does it seem to improve? You can also run through our troubleshooting guide.

I after checking the steps above, I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support with your full network setup including the make and model for each device.

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out.