Google Assistant not available in your country - but I'm in the UK

• 5 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I’ve just got a Sonos Amp (my first device), and I’m trying to add it to Google Home. I’ve tried by adding it through the Google Home app, and by adding the Google Assistant through the Sonos. Both end up with the same problem - they open the Sonos website to login and when I do it says “Not available in your country.” Even though I am in the UK and:

• I have set my Sonos profile to United Kingdom
  • My Google account is set to United Kingdom
  • I do not have any other Google accounts on my phone
  • I am logged into the same Premium YouTube Music account on Sonos and Google
  • My IP address comes up as United Kingdom when checking online
  • I’ve restarted my router, phone, uninstall Assistant etc.

I’ve been through all the threads and tips I can find, and I can’t find any more advice on how to fix it. Please can someone help? It really just seems like the Sonos website mistakenly thinks I’m in a country that I’m not.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Maybe it’s an unhelpful message, and the real reason is that the Amp is not voice enabled?  (I have to admit I am not a Google Home user, so not sure exactly what you are trying to do, so my comment may not make sense.)

As far as I'm aware it shouldn't matter. I should be able to add it as a home device so that I can issue commands through another voice controlled Google home device.

As far as I'm aware it shouldn't matter. I should be able to add it as a home device so that I can issue commands through another voice controlled Google home device.

You may well be right.  I suspect it is quite different from Alexa.  Picking up non-voice-controlled Sonos devices just required saying ‘discover devices’. 

But I think I’d better leave the field clear for people who actually know about Google Home.