Question

Google Assistant not available

• 10 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I am trying to find out if there is a way I can get Google assistant to work in a country not available yet?

I am in the Cayman Islands and we should fall under UK or US settings but Sonos does not group us that way. Is there any way I can get it to work as the assistant works on all my other devices except Sonos. Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Muchel

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Let me share some information with you.

Google Assistant is available in the UK. Currently, there are no upcoming countries have been announced for the Google Assistant availability on Sonos.

To help you out with this, allow me to ask a few questions to isolate the issue.

• Are you getting any errors when you tried Google Assistant on the Sonos app?
  • Is your Sonos system up to date?
  • Have you tried to sign out from your Google Account on all your device controllers and browsers?
  • How about Alexa, have you tried adding it? Was it successful?

If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out. We’ll be glad to help.