Answered

Google assistant in Croatia

• 25 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi all!

My Sonos One arrived yesterday, haven’t unpacked it yet. I live in Croatia, Europe and google assistant is not supported on Sonos. I will change my Sonos profile to USA or UK. Will it work? Yes or No?

Also, I get that google and alexa is not supported everywhere but why does Sonos voice control not work around the globe? It should not be region restricted.

Neven

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 25 November 2022, 21:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi all!

My Sonos One arrived yesterday, haven’t unpacked it yet. I live in Croatia, Europe and google assistant is not supported on Sonos. I will change my Sonos profile to USA or UK. Will it work? Yes or No?

Also, I get that google and alexa is not supported everywhere but why does Sonos voice control not work around the globe? It should not be region restricted.

Neven

Update…

Sonos Voice control does work but Spotify or Tune In as default service does not! Only Sonos Radio works. Help please

Neven 

Userlevel 7

Yes, on the Sonos website if you change the country in your Sonos profile to a country where Google Assistant is supported on Sonos, it should work. Here is the full list of supported countries:

https://support.sonos.com/article/google-assistant-availability-on-sonos

Sonos Voice Control currently only works with Sonos Radio, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Deezer, and Pandora. Spotify and TuneIn are not supported.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Yes, on the Sonos website if you change the country in your Sonos profile to a country where Google Assistant is supported on Sonos, it should work. Here is the full list of supported countries:

https://support.sonos.com/article/google-assistant-availability-on-sonos

Sonos Voice Control currently only works with Sonos Radio, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Deezer, and Pandora. Spotify and TuneIn are not supported.

Thank you. Sonos support said otherwise, dont know why... Another two things I have discovered. When I manually play a song from spotify,Sonos voice says its song on Spotify, so it seems it recognizes/supporf it. Also, i can not have google assistant or Alexa and Sonos voice at the same time. I have read somewhere this is possible.

Neven

Userlevel 7

From Sonos:

You can activate Sonos Voice Control and Amazon Alexa on the same speaker. While you can’t activate Sonos Voice Control and the Google Assistant on the same speaker, you can activate the Google Assistant on a different speaker in the same system.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

From Sonos:

You can activate Sonos Voice Control and Amazon Alexa on the same speaker. While you can’t activate Sonos Voice Control and the Google Assistant on the same speaker, you can activate the Google Assistant on a different speaker in the same system.

Thank you. I have tried it out and decided that Sonos voice is perfect. Only thing I did was cancel my Spotify and register to Deezer cause it works with Sonos voice. I am a happy camper now.

Neven