Google Assistant getting worse

• 18 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Is it just me or is GA integration getting worse by the day? It's getting to the point now where you can't rely on an adequate response from any command. It's nearly always 'i can't do that right now' or I can't find any devices.... etc etc. 

I know it's not my set up as sometimes it work and sometimes it doesn't. It's clearly just bad implementation.

It was bad from the start but I at least thought it would get better with time, never dreamt it could get worse. 

Whoops - can't seem to edit topic heading

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +17

Hey @Bigskull,

I use the Google Assistant daily on my Sonos One myself and haven’t personally noticed any degradation in response quality. If you’re having issues performing certain actions I’d suggest getting in touch with our customer care team who will be able to take a look into your system and help figure out what the issue could be.

P.S. I’ve fixed your topic heading :slight_smile:

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks for fixing my heading James. 

To be fair you're Sonos staff so I wouldn't expect you not to be critical of your employer's products. If you look at all previous posts on GA issues, which I'm sure you have, you'd have to admit that problems are way more common than they should be. 

There is nothing wrong with my set up as it randomly works, then stops working, regardless of what I do (as many others have said). 

If Sonos can't even admit there's a problem then there's no hope. 

Hi @Bigskull 

Just wanted to let you know that our Sonos is getting worse as well. We’ve had it for maybe 6 months, and once it stopped working to the extent that we had to reset the whole thing and set it up again. 

It’s now been working fine (and by fine I mean below what I expected of it, but at least consistently). However lately it has been getting very spotty. Yesterday evening it didn’t respond to any commands at all (stop playing music, turning on lights etc), and today it’s still straight up ignoring commands that it deems to0 complex, like me asking to change the volume.

I actually regret my purchase and I wish I’d done more research. I have two Google Nests as well and they work with no issues literally all of the time. Yes, the music quality is great, but I specifically bought the speaker to be integrated with the system we already had in place, and it’s just been a downhill journey.