I’m unable to add Google Assistant to speakers. The S2 application initiates the process where it opens the modal in Google Assistant (iOS) where i login to my Sonos account. When doing this i’m by Sonos (in the embedded browser) prompted that there arn’t any registered speakers (they are all registered). I’ve pressed the “I’ve fixed the issue” button, but this doesn’t work, it just refreshes the page and state that there arn’t any registered speakers. I’ve managed to get the process further where the integration is visible in Google Assistant and Google Home, but it wasn’t visible or setup in the Sonos application. Ending up with that i deleted the connection, to restart the process.
It seems to be related to a server issue on Sonos end.
Things i’ve tried:
Reset all speakers
Reset Wifi on speakers
Created new Google account
Moved to new email-account (sonos)
Forward all traffic directly to Sonos Beam (if it might have been a Firewall issue)
Users that have had the same issue have resolved the issue by trying multiple times and with luck managing to get a reply from the server.
Best answer by DNL
I eventually managed to get this to work. Don’t know if it was the egg or the hen.
I’m on Telia Open Fiber. They are actively blocking some traffic on both UDP and TCP ports. I eventually bought a new ASUS AC86U router where i added an openVPN connection to a server in Amsterdam, then i changed the DNS to 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124. Rebooted all speakers and reinstalled all applications again (done so about 10 times).
Now everything workes as it should. My guess is that Sonos changed ports or how the traffic is routed between the server and the user. When doing so Telia (my ISP) blocks the traffic. They have blocked the following ports, but there can me more traffic that is being blocked since it’s not that Open as the ISP name can imply.
TCP 135-139, 445, 25, 53. Port 67 UDP and 8080 UDP are blocked for incoming traffic. Further more they are blocking the following ports when using the provided router by Telia 23, 123, 514, 1900, 5660, 51005.
Further more it’s not possible to change DNS-server when using Telia equipment. This is due to the heavily moded firmware.
After i got everything working with Google Assistans i simply disconnected the VPN, and all still works as it should. Leading me to the conclusion that it’s server-side related possible due to changes in how the traffic is sent between servers and speakers. Maybe on Sonos side or ISP is blocking traffic or a combination of both.
If it would help anyone i could send diagnostics when on the VPN and without. I will not try the process again since i don’t know if it was a “accident” getting this to work or if the above actually was the solution.